Who We Are:
Book Chats is a podcast and website designed to remove the mystery from the publishing world for writers by sharing our experiences with each other. We are passionate about good authors and getting their books into readers’ hands.
The Kind of Content We Do Accept:
Book Chats accepts blog posts that will help other writers with some aspect of the publishing industry. Some examples include:
- detailing your experiences with the query process.
- working with a designer for your book cover.
- software reviews and personal experience.
- author interviews that focus on the publishing experience.
- book promotion and signings.
We also accept book reviews. We do not accept self-reviews of your own. We do not accept reviews of erotica.
The Kind of Content We Don’t Accept:
- general How-To’s, so no 15 steps to writing a novel.
- anything that looks like a link-building scheme.
- anything that is overly promotional.
- anything that is offensive (as defined by our editors) or inaccurate.
- anything that is overly critical.
- Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet.
- Your post should be between 500 – 1000 words.
- Write in a voice/tone that’s less formal, more approachable. We are a “Chat.”
- We are family friendly, so no strong language in your posts.
- Your post must include 1 – 3 images. The images must be attributed (provide image source URL), at least 200×200 pixels, JPG or PNG format.
Common Sense Guidelines:
- Use short paragraphs, subheadings, and/or bullet lists to break up your article.
- Check your spelling & grammar.
- Attribute any quoted/paraphrased info with links to the sources.
- Links are a great way to join the wider Internet discussion.
Author Bio Guidelines:
- Recommended length is 50-75 words.
- You should include a link to your website and social media so our readers can follow you. If you have written a book you may include a link to it.
- Include a clear, closeup headshot of yourself, at least 100×100 pixels, JPG or PNG format.
The Not So Fine Print:
- Submissions must meet the Book Chats blogging team’s standards in order to get published.
- Unfortunately, we can’t allow you to republish any guest post on your own blog or anywhere else on the Internet after it has been published on Book Chats. The Google algorithm hates duplicate material. We want exclusive rights to the post. The images and other media may be used as you see fit.
- If your post includes any product links, these will be updated to be Book Chats affiliate links.
- The Book Chats blogging team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest post as we see fit, and to update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- If your guest post is accepted for publication, it will be placed in the publishing queue, and the link and publishing date information will be sent to you. You are encouraged to share the link.
- Email your guest blog post to submissions (at) bookchats.net with “Guest Post for Book Chats” in the Subject Line. Please include the post in the body of the email.
- We will respond to your submission, even if we do not plan on using it.
- If we publish your blog post, Book Chats has full rights to the content, including but not limited to right to edit, mix, duplicate, use, or re-use it in whole or in part as we so choose.